View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 09:14 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
My Favorite pickup of 2023 is this 1902 Stanley cup "challange cup program" I had never seen a program from the challange era. And I have been collecting for a bit. I have a 1926 and earliest I had seen previously was a 1920. Now I have gone down this same road before. Collecting items so scarce that no one collects them. Definitely not a money maker but cannot help it it is just how I roll. If you never read up on early Stanley cup Challanges read up on 1902. Manitoba vs Toronto with Manitoba winning 2 games to nil. Manitoba would lose the cup in March of 1902 to Montreal.
Hey Jonathan, all I can say looking at your early Stanley Cup program is..... WOW! May I ask where you acquired it???

I'm from Winnipeg, and I collected antique hockey items for a couple decades (I sold my collection at Classic Auctions a few months back - you could see my collection by going to their website, select past auctions, and search with "Brent Sobie"). I should also clarify that the 1902 challenge featured the Winnipeg Victorias, and with the program for games in Winnipeg, this item is my all-time holy grail. I handled a copy of this exact program many years ago that is housed in the Mantitoba archives. I was told it was donated by a Winnipeg family in the early-1960s.

Again, congrats on the purchase, and IF YOU EVER WANT TO SELL..... PLEASE OFFER IT TO ME FIRST. lol Thanks!