View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 10:31 AM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I've consigned with Probstein numerous times in the past, and again recently. The answers to the questions posed in the OP depend on the cards you're submitting. If you send him a bunch of lower-end cards, don't expect much in terms of communication from him or how long it takes to get them posted on eBay. However, if you consign cards in excess of $1000 or even just $500+ probably, then he will often get them listed the same day that he receives them in the mail. Also, whenever I consign higher-end cards, he always sends me an email confirming receipt of them and has recently started sending me the links to the auctions for them via email as well. Payouts are hit and miss timing-wise, in my experience. I had some listings fall near a Jewish holiday before which he said was responsible for the very slight delay but responded quickly to my email when I inquired, and I had a check in hand 2 days later.

As far as sold prices goes, again, it can be hit and miss. His auctions do really well for some stuff, not as well for others. Some cards just don't do well at auction period. You really need to do your own research to optimize your selling strategy if you want the absolute maximum. But Probstein is fast, efficient, and an honest, hard-working guy in my experience.

As far as the listings themselves go, you may want to "script" your eBay listing titles for him if you want to see certain key words. But don't expect a description of the card or even a photo of the back if it's worth less than a few hundred dollars. Probstein is all about volume. He wants to process as many cards as he can as quickly as he can. He has 35 employees, so you can imagine how much volume they're dealing with. They do make mistakes sometimes, but he is always quick to resolve them in my experience. Though I've only dealt with those sorts of issues as a buyer. I've never had issues as a seller.
Thanks for the ground truth, appreciate it!