View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 02:40 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Let's say you're set up as a dealer at a card show and you purchase a graded card from a customer. The customer walks away, you price the card and put it in your display case. A while later, another dealer comes up to you and says the card you bought from the customer was stolen from his table earlier. What would you do?

Has this (or anything similar) ever happened to anyone at a show?
I'd first ask for a copy of the police report or report he filed with the show organizers regarding the theft. I'd also ask for names of any witnesses with relevant information.
No report prob no dice. Then if he comes forward with that I'd ask for some proof of ownership prior to the day in question. Either proof of his purchase or maybe some dated photographs or inventory lists. Something like that. Short of that kind of factual support I think he's probably sh*t out of luck.

Of course if the guy who claims he was ripped off is someone I know beforehand to be on the up and up, that would be an entirely different calculus.

Burden on him to prove it.

Could be a situation where he actually was ripped off, but the card you have is the same grade but an entirely different card.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 05-17-2021 at 02:45 PM.