View Single Post
Old 07-16-2015, 04:42 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Good analogy. There certainly are some similarities. Lot more exposure for credit rating agencies. I think (S and P?) was fined $2B last year for bad reviews. Feds are not going to fine TPG's as far as I know.

It's an interesting lesson we learned about Wall Street. I can remember the people getting mortgages and refinancing their houses that had no business owning a house or taking out equity. These mortgages were repackaged as "A" grade to investors (PSA 10's anyone?)

If you invested in that crap because some suit in New York gave it an "A" grade, I just can't feel sorry for you. Granted, it was probably your mutual fund or pension plan that ponied up your money to give to their golden boy buddies on Wall Street. When it's someone else's money, it never ends up good.

As for TPG's, theres been some good threads on here about the TPG review process, alterations of cards, etc. That is all golden information to use when you "invest" in cards. Education, not legislation

There is RISK in anything you invest in, even if you put your money in a mattress (fire). I'm dumbfounded but an entire generation of citizens that blame the banks and govt. when the stock market goes down and they lose some money. Unfortunately, we teach kids cursive in school still, not risk management.

Collecting graded cards can be enjoyable and prosperous, but know that it can swing the other way with a wicked current. And when it does, PM me and I'll buy your vintage PSA 9's.