View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 08:46 AM
Al

Default Open for Bidding: Love of the Game's Summer Premier Auction

Hi Everyone:

I hope everyone is healthy and safe during this crazy time.

Just a quick note to let you know that the Love of the Game Summer 2020 Premier Auction is open for bidding. Closing date is August 29.

The auction has a host of interesting cards and memorabilia across all eras, but I thought I would point out some items that might be of particular interest to this group.

Lot #1 is a beautiful 1915-19 Babe Ruth Original Type 1 Photo that was used in the 1920 Draper & Maynard equipment catalog.

Lot #2 is a freshly-graded T210 Old Mill Casey Stengel (one of my favorite cards).

There's also a fantastic N403 Yum Yum Tobacco John Clarkson, an N173 Old Judge Cabinet Roger Connor, and a W600 Sporting Life Cabinet Christy Mathewson that you might find appealing.

For postwar collectors there's an interesting, fresh find of 1952 Topps high numbers that comes with a backstory - we're selling them card-by-card beginning with lot #12, the nicest "AUTHENTIC" '52 Mantle I've ever seen.

We've got tons of cards, including a large run of E135 Collins-McCarthys, a host of autographed items (including some great team-signed baseballs), and more memorabilia from the Ted Patterson collection.

Printed catalogs mail to active bidders next week.

One important note: For this auction, we moved our Double Overtime bidding up by one full hour. Instead of starting at 1AM Eastern, the Double Overtime period now begins at midnight, with all items not receiving a bid during Double OT closing at 1AM.

A link to the full auction is here: http://loveofthegameauctions.com/catalog.aspx

Good luck, and thanks for looking!

-Al