View Single Post
Old 08-17-2023, 09:34 AM

My understanding of the 1959 series printings is similar to what you posted. I would add the following:

Series 1 should haveone slit (half sheet) with 10 different rows plus two rows printed a 2nd time, while the other slit will also have the ten different rows, with two other rows printed twice. This gives rise to 4 rows printed 3x each and 6 rows printed 2x each. To my knowledge, there are salesman samples and a few miscuts, but no one has yet attempted the re-construct a virtual sheet for this series.

Series 2 has 88 cards in it, so each card will be printed 3x across the entire sheet. One slit will have the 8 different rows followed by the top 4 rows printed a 2nd time. The second slit will have a similar pattern but it is the bottom 4 rows printed 2x on the slit. So the pattern goes like slit1 - A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H while slit 2 goes like E, F, G, H, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H. There is enough information available to reconstruct the entire sheet.

Series 3 and series 4 both have 88 unique cards and will follow the same pattern as series 2. I have not seen any uncut material fr series 4,but as shwn in another post, there is a 44 card panel for series 3 and there are a few miscuts around. I am not aware that anyone has attempted to reconstruct a virtual sheet for eoither series.

Series 5, 6, and 7 have 66 cards in each series, so the pattern for each half sheet should have each of the 66 cards printed 2x each while the 2nd sit will be identical to the 1st slit. Enough info exists for both series 5 & 7 to reconstruct the entire sheet, but I have only seen miscuts for series 6 and have not attempted to reconstruct that sheet.

Last edited by Kevvyg1026; 08-17-2023 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typo