View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 09:31 AM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Default Hall of Fame “set” collectors.. what are your suggestions for modern players?

Bit 100% sure if this belongs here or elsewhere, but since it’s related to all HOFers, maybe here?

I believe there are quite a number of other members here whose collection focus is to acquire at least one card from every player in the Hall of Fame from there playing days. I’m guessing I’m not the only one who finds chasing down older cards, making a decent size investment, and finally pulling the trigger to be quite a bit more interesting and fun than deciding on the modern Hall of Fame cards!

I’m thinking of taking a bit of a detour from my collection to knock off these 13 modern Hall of Fame players that I need to decide a worthy of my display!

I don’t necessarily need to have rookie cards, but I do want the cards to look great and have the player in the uniform of the team that they are most associated with (ie, Guerrero with Expos, Thome with Indians, etc)

I’d love to see your nominations for these 13 players:

Chipper Jones
Larry Walker
Edgar Martinez
Ivan Rodriguez
Jeff Bagwell
Jim Thome
John Smoltz
Mariano Rivera
Mike Mussina
Mike Piazza
Roy Halladay
Trevor Hoffman
Vlad Guerrero

I’m not looking to break the bank so the ultra modern rare cards, like the 1991 desert shield cards, probably are not in play for me. I’d like to save the big dollars for the big dogs from the past!

Even if you only have a strong recommendation for one of these 13, would love to hear from you!

Thanks all

Jeff