View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 08:00 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrNy1960 View Post
I enjoy seeing all of the items and hearing the backstory behind each one. I do miss Frank!

When it comes to the old collectibles like cans, furniture, clocks and radios, tools, etc., I don't see those collectibles maintaining their interest or values when us baby boomers leave the planet. I don't see generations behind us caring about those things, like we do. What do you guys think?
Yep all that old junk is worth way less now than it was pre internet days and I see it continuing to fall in price. I have 2 friends with Antique(junk) shops. They pretty much need the older/non internet customers to stay open.

It is very similar to selling cards. When the shop buys the sellers believe their junk is worth way more than it is. When they sell they have to deal with the people saying I can buy it cheaper online.

I haven't watched the show in years. Frank used to visit the town I live in. In real life one of his best friends is my cousins cousin. Frank used to tag along when he come here to visit family.