View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 11:40 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

I don't sell on eBay nearly as much as I used to - maybe 10-15 items every couple of months. If I am selling raw cards, I always try to include a scan of the back. However, if I am selling graded cards, I never include a scan of the back (unless it's just a really high dollar card). It wasn’t specified, but I'll address the question as if we're discussing graded cards.

In my opinion, if the card is graded, the grade should speak for itself and a scan of the back should not be necessary. I know some will disagree with that statement based on the fact that cards within the same grade are sometimes not consistent, but again that is just my opinion. Also, my statement is based as if the back of the card has no defects. If the back does have defects, then obviously a scan of the back should be included (or at least mentioned it in the description).

For me, I just don't have the time to scan both front and back. Besides, I really don't think having a scan of the back is going to increase the final value on the average card. For example, if I am selling a T206 common that has a VCP of $50, I know the final value will be somewhere in that ballpark regardless whether I include a scan of the back or not. I realize that I may be losing some bidders by not including a scan of the back, but to me it’s not worth the extra time it takes knowing that the card is still going to sell for VCP average either way.