View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Rob

re..Cobb/red Hindu

There are a few us on this forum that are privy to the background scenario regarding this card. I am not at liberty
to reveal the facts. However, this scenario casts significant doubt as to the authenticity of this card.

re..Chase and CYoung red Hindu "beaters"

I am sure that your friend's CYoung/red Hindu is not the same "beater" that I know of, since this Young resides in
the collection of a long-time friend of mine, who acquired his Young in the early 1980's. He also has my Chase, as
I traded it to him a year ago. He specializes in rare T206 backs....he currently has about a dozen red Hindu's.

If you perceive that my responses here appear to be somewhat contentious, then I am really sorry about that. I do
not mean to be. I guess, I've become somewhat jaded in having to repeatedly explain my stand on this Cobb (hav-
ing known the aforementioned background scenario regarding this Cobb).

Really, there is no reason why we cannot have a reasonable dialogue on this subject. I can appreciate the fact that,
since this card is graded, it causes some to question my stand on it. However, as we've already noted, there have
been some graded cards that have been proven fakes....and, fortunately these cases are far and few between.

TED Z