View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 06:48 AM

We may have to face the fact that this card may disappear into a collection for a long time. I doubt the buyer made the purchase just to re-sell it.

That said, I think we have to accept the odds that this is a legitimate card. PSA often misidentifies grays as creams, but I have never seen them identify a cream as a gray. Someone earlier posted that PSA may have meant to type "yellow logo" on the label and typed "gray back" by mistake. To my knowledge, PSA does not recognize nor identify yellow logo as a variation (even with all Tom Killeen's prodding). So it is not likely that was what happened.

Further the seller had two or three other gray backs for auction at the same time. This SUGGESTS the seller knew what she/he was doing and what she/he had.

Another possibility is that the card is a fake and PSA missed it. Not likely but possible.

All this leads me to accept that the card PROBABLY is legit.

So I am back to my initial question--ASSUMING it is legit, does this mean that there was not a distinct transition from one stock to another, and that both card stocks were being fed into the printing presses during a period of transition from one to another. Only thing I can think of.

Bill