View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagevault13 View Post
I applaud you for making this decision. It sounds like this journey is for a collection and not an investment and I can assure you that you and your kids will enjoy the cards even more as you hold them. This may sound crazy, but I swear that I can still smell bubblegum on some of my 52's! I would encourage you to get to know sellers/dealers that you can trust so you can avoid alterations and/or fakes, especially on the higher value cards. A nice alternative to the grading slab is to keep the cards in penny sleeves and top loaders. Ultra Pro makes these for the larger 52-56 Topps and they provide excellent protection at a low cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks so much Vintage. It just makes more sense for a number of reasons...and thanks for the heads up for getting to know the vendos. It's a shame that that's the case, but such is life.

Question, so with 52 Topps raw, will they fit in the Ultra Pro Platinum 9-slot pages?
http://journeyto407.wordpress.com