View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 10:12 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
LONG story short- I sent a box of mainly 1980's slabbed/raw cards and rack packs with an 89UD BBCE box to Rick Probstein back on May 22. Rick Probstein auctioned the high dollar cards after 3 weeks of holding and not acknowledging receipt or scheduled auction time. Once auction completed Rick quickly sent payment via pp and a listing of items sold. I asked Rick Probstein when the other items would be listed and he stated within the next week. On June 16 I began trying to contact Rick Probstein about other items status. Rick would not return phone calls, text, or emails. Finally around July 1 Rick Probstein stated he was "slammed" with business and should have my items listed shorly. Which my response was please return items unsold and I will pay shipping. Rick Probstein did not answer.

On Aug 11 I received a box from Rick Probstein in which the 89UD bbce box was demolished. He stated box was damaged on original arrival back in May. I stress no one ever contacted me about damage on shipment arrival nor mentioned anything about damage until he has kept the items for 3 months. This time lapse has barred my ability to file an insurance claim with USPS or my own insurance carrier. Rick was so kind to offer auctioning the damaged packs without consignment fee and felt the individual packs would sell for the box price. NO THANK YOU RICK PROBSTEIN!

I strongly recommend using an auction company that keeps you informed after they receive your product as much as they do when they want your business.

Kirk
Are you sure it's the same box?