View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 04:53 PM
Rob

So, my best recollection is 1997. I signed up as my same username on here and shortly after changed to nlcs_sportscards or something like that. I abandoned that account around 2007 to my current account. It had something to do with paypal I think.

There were no pictures when I started. I remember seeing a T214 Victory that was not listed in the SCD. No picture, just an ad, like a classified ad.

From what I remember, there was a time when there were no watchlists, so everyone would search 'new listings' in the pre-war category. You could see the bidders you were bidding against. By the time I clicked on a card, TBob, petecld, iownit! had already placed a marker bid. I remember gabrinus from those days, and many others who are here now. CanofPrimo sniped a lot of the cards I thought I was about to win.

I remember Full Count had weekly auctions, and Dr Cycleback sold losts of baseball stuff. I remember buying a Connie Mack from Jay that I couldn't afford, so I re-listed it a week after I got it, and re-sold on eBay for an $18 profit. Good times. My first OJ was from ebay, smiling Al Maul, I also sold that one long ago. I thought selling was more fun than buying back then.