View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 09:09 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Personally I would rather buy a natural card at a shilled price than an altered card at an unshilled price.
Absolutely agree, great point! Even if I'm getting shilled, I normally will not bid/pay over what I feel a particular card or item is worth. As such, even though I may have ended up paying more for an item than I really should have had to, I get something I wanted, at a price I was willing to pay all along. You at least have something that is real and the correct value, at least to you. Theoretically, you can turn around and sell the card/item to get back most or all of your money, if needed.

Finding out you got stuck with an altered /trimmed card after the fact is very different though. Chances are you find out long after acquiring the card/item, and therefore maybe have no recourse against the seller. And now that you know the card/item has in fact been altered/trimmed and previously misrepresented, you can't just go and sell it to someone else and have any hope of getting even close to what you originally paid for it back. Unless you go to the dark side and try to pawn it off on someone else without disclosing the alteration/trimming first.