View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 08:45 AM
Sam Lemoine

In the late 90's, my ex and I were at an Irish festival in West Palm Beach and we saw a band called Great Big Sea. About 10 people were dancing and singing in front of the stage (probably 3000 people in attendance). We remarked how cool it was that this no-name band had people dancing around. The more we listened, the more we liked and we ended up grabbing a CD. We played that CD a bunch and three years later we noticed that the band was playing in a local club in Raleigh (where we lived), so we went to see them again. There were 500 people and everyone knew every song. We grabbed the rest of their CD's and over the next 5 years we saw them 11 more times (Washington DC, Charlotte, Atlanta, etc.). Had we not broken up I suppose we would have gone to see them many more times.

On a side note, one of the opening bands at one of the Raleigh shows was a band called Carbon Leaf. We loved them, and we saw them several times as well (and I have seen them a few more times with other folks). They are still around and quite awesome too.