View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 10:35 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
I guess then , that is OK with you that they keep all the records they broke by cheating. These guys knew what they were doing. let them pay the price for it.
But where do you draw the line? What about the players that are already in the Hall of Fame that used Amphetamines or other types of drug concoctions during their playing days?

Ruth experimented with Sheep Testicle Extract. Pud Galvin did something similar. Hank Aaron took Amphetamines once, is he disqualified? Mike Schmidt and Goose Gossage have admitted to amphetamines, and this is just the players we know. I don't treat Canseco's word as gospel, but he's been pretty reliable on the players that he's named, and according to him there's already players from the "Steroid Era" that have managed to make it into the Hall of Fame, that took drugs. Not to mention Bud Selig sure as hell didn't care about his players juicing when he was the owner of the Brewers.

Cap Anson was one of the major factors in keeping the game segregated, Kennesaw Mountain Landis, upheld segregation, Tris Speaker was in the KKK, all three of those things are sufficiently worse, in my opinion, then taking PED's yet we don't blink an eye, and there's no campaign to kick any of those three men out of the Hall.

You can't cite a "character clause" for one set of guys, but not the other. The Hall of Fame is rapidly turning into the "Hall of Hypocrisy."

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.