View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 07:31 AM
Alan Strout

Default Orioles photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Alan,

Really like that you encompass all of the Oriole players in your collection. Thanks so much for showing your collection; it's inspiring.
I've mentioned previously in this thread, my love of the history of the Orioles franchise from 1954-present, including their minor league affiliates. One collecting goal is to have a photo of everyone to ever appear in a game for the Orioles, pictured in their Orioles uniform. The team issued postcards and 8x10 photos have helped me to appreciate the journeyman and cup of tea Orioles in my collection. Brooks Robinson will always be the man, but quite frankly it's easy to be a Brooks collector, compared to finding that obscure Orioles photo. Believe it or not, the Orioles don't even have photos of a few players. I've asked.

I recently found this photo of an O's player. I'd been searching for him since his debut in 1991. In fact, a recent conversation with one of his friends, Ross Grimsley, revealed that he has been looking for a photo of himself as an Oriole too. While he was in the Orioles minor league system from 1989-1991 and appeared in over 200 games for Rochester and Hagerstown, his Orioles career lasted 4 games and 1 At Bat.

I got as excited when I found this photo, as when I pick up a new Brooks Robinson item. Maybe more. Any guesses....

Shane Turner 1991.jpg

1991 photo of Shane Turner