View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 07:26 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Crazy speculative bubble. I like the cards. And it’s a brilliant idea. But $2500 to have a card signed by the ARTIST? That’s nuts. These are some talented folks but who cares about their autograph. And they can keep signing cards until their arms fall off. Good for them. Making some bucks during a slow time. But the idea that some card is going to be valuable because it was signed by a handbag designer? Cmon.

People are very very bored. No sports. No gambling. Few social activities.

Maybe in 3 years someone will stick this post in my ear. I strongly doubt it.
First I did not say any of thhe artist's were charging $2500 to sign their cards. I said they were charging between $200 and $1,000.00. There was an artist today that sold his signed Tony Gwynns for between $175 and $1900.00 for a limited numbeted to 2. So yes prices are moving up but most of the cards sold for $300 and less. Second these are all Artists not handbag designers. I dont know where you got that from. Some of the work they have done so far is great. And if one of these guys takes off his signed limited work will do VERY WELL. Certainly not for everybody but what is. People collect what they collect. I hope they all enjoy what they collect I know I do.
Jonathan