View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 01:42 PM
Jonathan Sterling

As I mentioned in an earlier post I buy 1 of each Trout that vomes up so I will own 20 cards when this is done. I did sell my Trout by Ermsy (the first Trout card) and although it is currently a little above what I sold it for I am a patient man and think I will get ine down the road for $50 or less. Topps also announced that ll the Mike Trout cards going forward will have 100 Autographed cards by Trout mixed in. So now I purchase my 1 card directly from Topps. I also saw that folks that buy 100's of cards are getting them delivered without the black box that they used to come in.
I had purchased 1 non Trout card a Frank Thomas by Don C. Card was all gold and aI liked it. I saw price rise quickly above the $17 I paid to close to $200. So I sold mine for $135 and watched it plummet back to $20. I thought for sure buyer would cancel. But he was a guy I had done business with before and he took card and left positive feedback. I hope I can help him out down the road because I saw tons of canceled orders and returns for these. (Or stories about them Twitter FB etc. ) so many of the stories of project 2020 big returns ended up with BIG RETURNS.... So few of The new Topps issues hold up unless you collect a specific player or team most of this will just not hold up down the road. I think simething to do with a card in a pack being the preferred way to distribute cards vs online. That said Topps released Bowman Saphire today and I bought 2 boxes to flip. Just hoping they dont get returned..