View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 09:44 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

The Miller Press Cards are not handmade cards. They were limited printed runs designed by the printer and printed on a commercial printing press. Only a few hundred were made of each series mostly to be used as a promotional cards to be handed out at trade shows and to potential printing customers. They were never reprinted. When a series was done it was done never to be reprinted. Typically they were printed at the end of a customer job to minimize paper waste on the jobs. The press owner was a baseball card fan and decided to make cards that never existed. The cards are clearly marked monarch corona printing and are dated with the year so they can’t be confused as a vintage card. They made cards from 2004 - 2014. The seller on EBay acquired the remaining cards after printing business was sold by the original owner. The series are documented and I have a fairly extensive checklist. The cards are very well done and are more professionally done than the handmade sporting news cards or Banty red cards. I have some of those as well and they are nice but the sporting news cards are printed on a laser printer and any moisture will make them bleed. I recently learned the original Miller Press owner has bought the company back and may start producing some new series.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 12-21-2020 at 09:58 PM.