View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 09:48 AM

Default Selling an Inherited Collection

Greetings all. I’m not a sports card collector but I recently inherited a large collection of mostly baseball and football cards. Some older, some newer, some complete sets, etc. Not a ton of cards, but enough to fill a couple standard size cardboard file storage boxes. Mostly post 1980 baseball and football cards but some older baseball cards. Fortunately, I had the chance to discuss options with the former owner before their passing earlier this year and we agreed selling the collection makes the most sense. The only request the owner had was that I do my research and get the best value I can.

I’ve spent the last few days researching options online and what I think would be best is for me to hire a consignment service that would sell the cards for me. I don’t have the knowledge or the time to list everything on eBay and I don’t live by any dealers or a large city where I might have nearby options. I think hiring the services of someone that does this professionally would be best.

My question to the group is what consignment services have the best reputation in the industry? I see a lot of mixed reviews of both PWCC and Probstein123?? Are either of these reputable and if you were in my shoes what services would you be considering?

I would like a one-stop-shop where I would ship the entire collection to a service and have them take it from there and sell it off as they see best fit. I’m in no hurry for the money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.