View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Default This board is at its best when...

members are here to share their experiences, accomplishments and expertise. While I only post a couple of times a week, I read this board several times a day, every day. I am amazed at the collections and expertise that are shared here. I am primarily a book collector. On this board, I can connect with guys like Barry and Max, who I consider the Yoda and Obi-wan Kenobi of collectible baseball books. Or I can read threads by Ted, Leon, Richard and others who are true experts in their areas of collecting. This is supposed to be fun and for most of us it is. It is interesting to see how diverse a group we are in terms of occupations and the like. However, I do not care how many multi-million dollar deals you closed this month, how much money you make, how much your wife makes, what your net worth is, how much you paid for your house, boat or car. I have some friends whose homes are in foreclosure and others who are very wealthy. I do not judge people by those things nor by the quality of their collections. I judge people by their behavior and civility. The theatrics, the threats, the personal attacks, the street language, and other nonsense reflect poorly on those involved and cause me (and I am sure others)to want to avoid them. More importantly, they take away from what this board should be about.