View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kco View Post
At Steiner we did several sit down signings with Aaron during my 9+ years there. In private settings he would write 755 or HOF inscriptions but only in small numbers and, yes, for a substantial premium. As he got older he frequently deny doing anything other than straight signatures. Its not uncommon for dealers, who get him on a good day where he is willing to sign inscriptions to pay Aaron 2 or 3x for the added inscription vs a straight signature. He makes his living on doing signings and made far more money post career doing signings and appearances, a lot like Mays did, both are tough inscriptions though May was more accommodating in a private setting so long as he was paid for it.

At this stage of life Aaron likely hasn't done any or very, very few inscriptions in the past few years

These older guys have always had a chip on their shoulder because of how much less their salaries for playing ball vs current stars and even vs many players that played in that era were so they use it as leverage in signing situations to cash in.

Hope that info helps some

2-3x, wow. Explains the premium even on the secondary market. Thanks for the info! I'd love to hear more about your time at Steiner sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk