View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 04:45 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I agree on the tax stamp. Not sure on the other back over-stamp, but done after the fact seems plausible, as mentioned. It could've been done at the same time of printing too. Not sure. Cool card though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvetteaustin24 View Post
Hi there all, new to the forum but I've come across it many times since starting to collect T206. I'm in a lot of the Facebook groups too, so I've probably seen some of you around there.

I have a Sweet Caporal Factory 42OP card that has some oddities I just noticed last night and was curious if anyone has seen anything else like this? I put all of the images in an album here: https://imgur.com/a/0Ic0U5L

I took a closer look under my magnifier on a spot on my card and it looks like a scrap piece of print of something else from the factory stuck to the wet ink, someone on Facebook suggested a piece of a tax stamp and that seems the most plausible. I originally thought of a Sovereign since it's green, but the pattern doesn't match any part of it or American Beauty.

I took it out of the sleeve and felt it, it does appear to be stuck to it and not just sitting on it. Another weird thing about this card is I noticed the overprint pattern is unlike any other I've seen, so I put my magnifier over that too. It looks like someone hand painted over the Factory number when they missed the strike. I also attached another 42OP card of mine to show the difference of what the normal pattern looks like. The last "interesting" thing about this card is the red leaf in the top right didn't fully print, haven't noticed this on other Sweet Caporal cards before (but I've haven't looked too hard at others). Curious if anyone else had insight on these oddities or have ever come across these before?

Last edited by Leon; 03-06-2023 at 04:46 PM.