View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Default REA BL 460 Discussion

Posted By: CoreyRS.hanus

"exposing things that may not be true and it were just the way it was cut...isthis fair to a consignor who has done nothing wrong and wants his just due for parting with his/her treasure ?

Iam not a rare back collector and I do not know who this belongs to ,but I wouldnt be happy if I were counting on kids lunch money for the next 5 months and I get a bologna sammitch out of the deal."

Dan, suppose on the other hand what is being pointed out is true? Certainly the fact that REA, as experienced as any auction house in this hobby and expert in detecting trims, feels obligated to put perspective bidders on notice that in their opinion the card is trimmed, that has to raise serious questions whether PSA missed this one. And, as has been mentioned, whether or not the card is altered will have a material impact on its value. How then can this situation not be exposed? Would that be fair to a good faith purchaser who, say, is investing his kids college tuition money in baseball cards?

I don't think anybody here is saying the consignor has done anything wrong. To the contrary, inasmuch as I have little doubt he/she could have found an auction house to sell the card without the REA disclosure, he/she comes across as an honest individual not looking to defraud anybody.