View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 01:31 PM

Let's put ourselves in Greg's shoes...

He is in a state with very strict restrictions due to Covid where fines are in the thousands of dollars (and actually being issued/upheld).

He is working with a skeleton crew at best and his family and kids are even helping out.

Somehow he is still maintaining listing and shipping 50,000 cards a month through all of this.

The amount of work this requires is mind-boggling. I can't even fathom how many hours a week he is putting in, does he even have a waking moment to eat or sleep?

Take a moment and think how long it takes you to grade, list and ship one card. Now multiple that by 40,000-50,000.

Imagine grading cards (Greg is going through and grading 200,000+ cards to actually get the quantity of listings they do) continuing buying inventory (and the time to look for it), managing consignors, managing eBay customers questions and shipping issues, maintaining that quantity of listings, and shipping out 50,000+ cards... Every... single... month...

I think it is completely acceptable that, at the moment, he does not have time to answer the phones or e-mails and is focusing on continuing the operation as best he can.

What Greg is accomplishing is inconceivably difficult. Even when Invest In Baseball was active and we had 11 staff members including myself and a full time grader we were only able to hit half of that capacity. Truly insane.

I know how much work it takes to list a single card (and 10,000 cards) and charging 25% probably isn't enough for the value added and time it takes. He also loses money on shipping because he combines orders into one. I will happily pay that rate any day.

I think anger and frustration is being misplaced for empathy and understanding for an insurmountable task for even a full staff to take on, let alone one man and his family.

Edit:

I forgot to add he even has an extra account running a store and 1,000+ graded auctions a week.

You go Greg!

Last edited by Sean1125; 06-12-2020 at 01:33 PM.