View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 03:44 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

When I was a kid, I knew about tobacco cards and t206 specifically, but thought they had to cost a fortune. So at shows, I wouldn't even think to look for them, even to just see them in person. I convinced myself they must be so rare that nobody at the show would have one and even if they did it would be in a think-ass screw down holder with a huge price tag on it. Years later, of course, I learned that not only were these famous t206 cards at those shows, but they were fairly cheap and, even with my modest sum of cash, I could have bought some of them. I have regretted missing all those opportunities to buy them back then ever since. If I knew I could buy them, and HOFers no less, I would've saved all my money for each show and bought as many as I could. Instead, I ended up with a bunch for 80's era junk wax crap that I still have.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here