Thread: NL wild card
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 02:05 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

I agree PACKS.

A winning team is great for the bottom line.

This is accomplished via FA, assuming the right player / players are available and a fit for the team. In baseball, is the player a fit for the stadium? The player also has to want to play for the team. When Pete Rose became a FA from the Reds, KC made a generous offer and I believe the highest offer. And Pete signed with Philly.

A more cost effective way to build the team is via the draft. If a team has high picks, they cannot whiff those picks. KC cannot develop a pitcher to save their life. Yet they have high pitching draft picks and they are getting rocked in the minors. Perhaps they were poor selections, but it continues to be an issue regardless. This is not lost on those pitchers who have seen former KC arms go elsewhere and experience much better success.

So a combination of smart FA signings with players who want to play for the team AND being able to develop players are essential.

Pro franchises are very valuable. I am surprised that more owners aren't involved or current on the state of that asset.

Last edited by KCRfan1; 10-10-2022 at 02:07 PM.