Thread: Yankee ID help
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 12:24 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Yankee ID help

Hi Guys:

I collect the rare little known Kernel - Fresh Nuts 12x12 Team Photos that were issued from 1954 to 1958 for all MLB Teams

I recently picked up a 1957 Yankees team photo from the set. This photo was taken after 6/15/57 as Suitcase Simpson is shown. He was traded to the Yanks on that date for Ryne Duren and Jim Pisoni who are not in the photo.

I am having trouble IDing a player or two going by the 57 Yanks roster on baseballreference.com.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYY/1957.shtml

In the first photo below is the entire team shot. The second photo shows two players. I believe Tommy Byrne is on the left. Anyone agree or disagree? The player on the right I THINK I figured out who he is by process of elimination looking at the roster. What say you all?

The final photo shows Sal Maglie on the left and Joe Collins on the right. So who is the "monkey in the middle"? I have an idea but the guy I think it is is not listed on the roster, and looking at the roster I see no name that goes with the face. Looking for your thoughts. I will unveil my thoughts on these mystery men after a few others have chimed in hoping someone else knows for sure or comes up with the same name(s) I have in my head.

All thoughts welcomed.

Fred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yanks1.jpg (48.5 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg Yanks2.JPG (60.6 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg Yanks3.JPG (75.2 KB, 104 views)