View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 08:43 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
If PWCC was in a debt squeeze I'd guess Fanatics got it for nothing more than the debt. As for which TPG it will buy, I say BGS. Beckett spins off a division and still has its information empire, and BGS has a good following among the shiny crapsters, which is what Fanatics is all about. SGC isn't shiny or crappy enough.
I think you hit it on the head..."troubled asset".

This was a get out plan if I have ever saw one. It's just my thoughts, but buying like this gives me pause on not expecting anything other than "chapter" followed by one of 3 different numbers in a press release concerning Fanatics in a little more than a decade.

I expect a TPG buy also and BGS would not be out of the picture. You can see that already in the history of Topps Vault. They have already sold Beckett slabbed 1/1s, proofs, blank backed and whatever else they could drum up in the past. The new release slabbed 1/1s and proofs would often get listed multiple times just to get a starting bid price. It's an idea that will fizzle quickly.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 05-24-2023 at 10:07 AM.