View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 04:45 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraman84 View Post
I just made my 1st purchase from clean sweep for about 2 Grand. Each item I purchased stated it came with JSA LOA. Much to my disappointment every item I purchased came with an AUCTION JSA LOA. BIG DIFFERENCE! I Paid assuming it was as stated. I contacted Steve from clean sweep and he was not very sympatric to my response. I stated that every auction should state they are AUCTION letters and not JSA LOA's. He said since ALL of his auctions are with AUCTION letters I could have contacted them and they would have told me as such and since they do not do "Full LOA's" they do not specify. I said "Then tell your customer's that!" IF 100% are AUCTION letters tell them in both the write-up by description or show a picture of it there too AND put it in your Auction site rules and FAQs. People need informed. He said that people don't want to pay the extra for the FUll LOA's. I said again... TELL THEM THAT as I overpaid assuming it was a True LOA so I got screwed twice once on the overpayment and did not get what I paid for. He said basically there was nothing they could do. I'm not done pursuing it as I feel I overpaid about $350 - $400 under their deceptive practices. I told them to fix it in the future write-ups but I'm sure it fell on deaf ears. Why else would you not be truthful except that it would take away from profits of higher bidding! Shame on Clean Sweep Auctions for such deceptive practices. All other sites I buy from are truthful AND list on each and everyone what type of COA / LOA you are getting. I just want to say that I am not questioning whether their products are authentic as I believe they are and believe everyone I purchased is. The issue is upgrading each item to the JSA LOA's which they advertise as from the Auction letter is an amount between $50 and $150 depending on the item and number of signatures on it...not counting shipping and insurance to send it to JSA for the "real" JSA LOA.
I am unsure what the beef is. I thought that was standard operating procedure. They are never a full blow letter, but they are saying they are real and if you want to spend the extra $$$, they will send you a letter confirming that they are real. Just a money making ploy, and no one puts much credence in them.