View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 06:09 AM

WOW, what an ambitious project! I just don't think it could ever be done because I don't think it's possible (unless somebody finds a vintage document or list from Hassan). While on the Shoeless Joe card he may not be smiling right into the camera, at least I got a good enough look at his face and certain features to know it was him from being a huge fan of his and looking at a thousand pictures of him throughout the years. Also, if it weren't for the happenstance of him wearing the white wrap on his right ankle and the one in a million chance that somebody here would find that photo's identical twin brother in a 100 year old newspaper even I would have to admit that you couldn't DEFINITELY guarantee it was him. Other players just aren't as visible on certain cards and in some cases you can't see their faces at all. Some of the other players are guys that fans just don't know as much about like they do Shoeless Joe and some of the pictures are from a few years earlier making them near-impossible to figure out.