View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Default Next Generation of Grading Cos.

Posted By: boxingbaseballgolf33

The card grading business is a very subjective process. There has to be a way for large companies like SGC and PSA to communicate better in the hobby. They need to work with all dealers, auctions and collectors large or small to come up with a solution to improve the overall market. Just this past year I have heard more stories about counterfeits, fakes, reprinted cards, cards being slabbed that should not have been. Also the problems with law suits and court cases are growing. The sports market or should I say industry now is growing, but is it for the better? I am a small independent collector/dealer that enjoys the hobby and if we can get the large companies to listen to our needs we maybe better off. Maybe they need to setup meetings for the public at shows for an hour so they can listen to suggestions or have a live online "town meeting" like some sites have. I enjoy this hobby too much to see it get wasted away by some of the larger companies that do not want to listen but instead collect fees for a process that is very subjective to begin with.

Jimmy