View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
Not trying to call out anyone in particular, but I have always felt that all of the Howe stamped cards out there really belong in Ed's collection. I feel like the ones in private hands, where the owners of those cards know of Ed's passion and pursuit of putting the collection back together again, then they should make every effort to get the cards to Ed.

Either by selling to him, trading for it, or simply gifting it to him. They just "belong" with the others that Ed has already gathered. I understand that those guys that own these cards are not at all obligated to do this. But I know that if I were to somehow find a Howe card and were lucking enough to pick it up, I would contact him right away and say how can we get this to you?

I don't know, maybe I'm crazy or way off base here. I just wanted to mention this and see how others feel.

Andrew Huntoon.

I felt the same way too, and even notified Ed a couple of times quite a few years ago about some hidden McCormick cards. My stance has since adjusted, once the huge hoard of the stamped cards came up for auction about a year or more ago, because Ed stated that he no longer was pursuing every available McCormick card, but instead was going after as large a T206 set he could, and has posted a wantlist of the cards he still needs.

I picked up the Greminger in a trade after this 1000+ (if I remember correctly) hoard surfaced, and I knew it was not on his wantlist. If someday Ed were to shift collecting gears back to trying to get as many as possible, I would gladly trade him for a comparable Greminger.

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 04-07-2024 at 03:06 PM.