View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 07:39 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridwell View Post
I was wondering when this type of discussion would hit net54. It is a very divisive topic. I'd like to see somebody set up some Polls so we can get a confidential measure of how collectors feel about these topics. It's not baseball card related, though. I live in Texas, so here people are more in favor of getting out in the open air and not just staying at home. Some reasonable social distancing is the right thing to do for awhile longer, though.
Agree with this take.... common sense. I want as little government intervention as possible, and think the issue has been somewhat overblown. States with strong restrictions are faring no better than states with few to no restrictions at this point. And states where schools are still not in session are a disgrace, IMO.

That said, I still wear a mask in public settings because I realize others might be uncomfortable otherwise. It's just a temporary common courtesy, and feels better to err on the side of safety. I do find it amusing when I see people hiking alone in remote areas with masks on, riding in their car alone, or riding their bikes outdoors with a mask on. But to each his own... and this too shall pass.