View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 07:24 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3s View Post
“Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life”.
Buddha
Why do people use vacuous, "pithy" sayings as if they're a pearl of wisdom that proves a point when, in actuality, most are nothing more than a heaping pile of dumdom?

My fear of putting my head inside a wild alligator's mouth is preventing my living? Good to know.

"Fear does not prevent death?" What, pray tell, does?

You can put almost anything in that sentence in place of "death" and get a statement that many people would agree with.

"Watching TV does not prevent death, it prevents life." I'm sure my wife would agree with that.

Speaking of wives, how about "Marriage does not prevent death, it prevents life." I know many people who would agree with that.

How about something for the smokers out there? "Not smoking does not prevent death, it prevents life."

How about something for those of us who feel the need to drive drunk? "Driving sober does not prevent death, it prevents life."

I could go on all day with this, but hopefully you get the point.

Instead of "quoting" some famous person, state your own position, "Wearing a face mask does not prevent death, it prevents me from living my self-centered, non-caring life."