View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 08:57 AM
Wimberleycardcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
Oklahoma and Louisiana are adjoining states and went through the same storm without the same problems. The Southeast Power Pool did have some limited rolling black outs on a couple days, but neither state suffered anywhere near the same level of havoc as Texas.

You know why it is so windy in Oklahoma? Because Kansas sucks and Texas blows! I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your server.
I'm fully aware that the provider didn't prepare like they should have. That's on them and I bet they won't be doing it any longer after this storm. Most of the board has already resigned. BTW they aren't even based in Texas. Oklahoma has a history of really cold weather/snow for extended periods and Texas doesn't. Not even close to this severity. Texas hasn't had weather that cold for that period of time since the turn of the century. BTW they survived it then. LOL. Not all of Texas experienced it either. We never lost electric (not even rolling blackouts) or water here in Wimberley (west of Austin) even though I was quite prepared if we had. My point was people not in Texas sure have a lot of negative to say about Texas without any real life experience to base it on. You also can't believe everything you see on the Sheeple news.

Funny too. Two of my best friends are from Oklahoma, born and raised, and they couldn't wait to get here and say they would never go back.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 04-10-2021 at 09:04 AM.