View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 12:08 AM
Kevin
Kev.in Th.omas

Default Mantle

Very sorry to have to chime in here as well, but I too think that Mantle is a classic forgery. PSA used to have a video on YouTube where their authenticator showed how to spot forged Mantle, DiMaggio, and Williams autographs...it was VERY informative and helpful. They showed examples of the common fakes on the market. Apparently they have removed the video (perhaps it was helpful to forgers?), because I searched to find you a link, and one link I had simply says "this video is private" when clicked. Anyhow, I had a ball that looked exactly like the Mantle you pictured. After viewing the PSA video I was so convinced mine was an "operation bullpen" fake that I took it outside and used it to hit ground balls to the neighbor kid, lol. The big tells on yours are the non-fluid writing on the "M"s and the "n" in Mantle that looks like a "u"...it's not supposed to be "Mautle."

Anyways, sorry...but it's a fake. I don't have an opinion on the Joe D...I didn't study him much at the time...I was only checking out my Mautle ball.