View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 06:59 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohman99 View Post
In Canada, there seems to be a divide among support for KSA. Some like KSA because they are located in Canada and it's easier for them to submit cards to them, but most high end and vintage collectors avoid them. They seem to have stuck around due to the fact that they are convenient for many in Canada to use.

Some argue that they have turned themselves around and are grading on par with PSA, SGC and Beckett. But they have so many poorly graded cards out in the wild, it would be impossible to differentiate new "legit" cards from the old sheet cut and inflated grade cards. i don't see them as a good investment because the grades aren't accurate and don't offer any reassurance that they aren't trimmed or counterfeit.

At this point if they wanted to become the "New" KSA, they would have to acknowledge their prior poor level of service, introduce their new staff of graders with grading criteria, and use a new slab/label that looks nothing like the old one so that collectors would know when they were buying a card that falls under the new guidelines. If they have a pop report, they need do wipe it clean and start with only these new cards. Make it new company completely, or change their name.

I don't see myself ever buying a KSA graded card.
I agree with that.

The new guy, Nate, is supposed to be much better, or so I am told, so, like you said above, if he was hired/purchased the company to start anew, then those things you mentioned would have definitely been the way to start.

I've never sent any cards in for grading but I am currently leaning toward a newer company that I believe was started in 2016?
They are named MNT and are also located in Canada, in Elmira, (not far from KSA), but so far, I like what I have seen from them and the reviews they have received.
I've contemplated getting my cards graded for years now so this doesn't mean I am sending them out tomorrow or anything, but when I finally decide to, this company will be high on my list.
https://mntgrading.com/

Last edited by irv; 02-07-2021 at 07:47 AM.