View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 02:36 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
The Oath of the Freeman?

To be honest, I knew that guy was a fraudster from the start. It still blows my mind how badly people want to believe a good story. When they started talking about how this one random guy had managed to track down multiple needle in a haystack documents I knew there could be only one explanation for how he managed to always be in the right place at the right time.

Yup, that's the one.

Yeah, I figured he was a crook from the beginning, but that's the one I looked at and went to myself............if this guy doesn't get busted for that, he never will.

Reeked of desperation.

Looked like a piece of old reproduction money you'd get out of a Stamp company ad when you were a kid.

Didn't surprise me the forensic document examiners (including the FBI) were fooled by him. It was the actual historians who crossed over into the forensic aspects that uncovered his shenanigans, and figured out that sh#t just didn't make sense.

Similar to how it shakes out in our hobby. The forensic document examiners are pretty much useless.

That he was faking stuff didn't surprise me.

Spoiler Alert below:

Not knowing the story ahead of time..........that he actually turned himself into a facsimile of a domestic terrorist, including blowing himself up, just to try and hide his "hobby" crimes........and then followed it up with such a detailed confession, kind of blew me away.

The ego of this guy..................unbelievable.