Thread: Getting old
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 08:34 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Ramble away James. You'll find no complaints from me

I like some "new" bands, or at least new music from sort of new bands.
The last concerts I went to were Experience Hendrix - lots of great guitar players plus Billy Cox, who was doing autographs in the lobby before and after.
And Halestorm before that.

My source of info about new rock groups is gone... WAAF got bought and somewhat suddenly changed into a christian contemporary station during it's 50th anniversary year.

Steve,

I heard about that a while back, If I remember correctly didn't they end their broadcast with a few songs centered around Satan and Hell, to commemorate them being taken over by the Christian station? Pretty funny if you ask me.

Here in NY we have a solid station for Classic rock, Q 104.3. Mostly stuff from the 60's to the early 90's. Which makes me shudder that now the 90's are considered classic rock! I always thought of groups like Boston, Styx, Chicago, Queen, etc as classic rock. When I turn on the radio and suddenly hear Pearl Jam or Green Day, off the station I always do a double take.

Once in a while they'll occasionally mix in or promote newer stuff but it's mostly the era of bands I outlined above. When it comes to newer stuff, I'll go to some of my friends who are still deeply entrenched in the music scene for recommendations. Would be nice if Record/Cassette/CD Stores became a thing again, just a place to gather, socialize and talk about new and old music.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.