View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 10:18 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Hawk View Post
Uhm, yes, it really does help to formulate comment on children if you actually have them and have experience more significant than seeing them wander around a shopping mall.

They are definitely not all wonderful and great, however in particular the observation that they are disconnected or unknowing of recent history and the past is not particularly accurate in my experience.
My kids are not unicorns in their knowledge and tastes in music, in fact I would make the crazy generalization that no generation has ever had more eclectic and more rounded taste and knowledge of music genres.
That is largely based on hearing their jams coming from their rooms, ear pods, and pounding car chasis over the last 5-10 years.

I would also offer the following. While many kids today don't verbalize or make great conversationalists, that doesn't mean they aren't observing and contextualizing and sharing those thoughts amongst eachother.

Don't mistake a lack of interest in talking with their folks or to other random adults with lack of awareness.
Yeah, formulating an opinion is great, but hearing the same old song and dance about how everyone finds their own children to be something so utterly special and worth mentioning to others ad nauseam is tiresome.

They're your kids, so surprise surprise, OF COURSE they're special little angels that are misunderstood and able to do anything and everything.

I don't share that bias. I actually judge others on what they say and do, something most parents cannot objectively do about their own children.

Sorry for being honest, but we obviously won't agree.