Thread: Dont blame mom
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 10:10 AM

Default Dont blame mom

I posted this thread on the net vintage hockey collectors forum just to get some humour going in the card collecting world. I think this would hold true in this forum as well but swap hockey with baseball Tell us all your bonehead move because MOM didnt destroy all our collection. please read and respond to the following

Ok we have all heard the stories about how mom tossed out all your cards. How about admitting to a little blame yourself. Here is my bonehead story. I grew up a Leaf fan so in those days that meant you hated the Habs and the Bruins. I was a card carrying member of that club. I can see it like it was yesterday.....opening a pack of cards and getting a "gasp" Bobby Orr rookie card......hmmm I do have my pellet gun...I know!!!! I will tack this card to the willow tree out back and see how my aim is... 10 feet? right between the peepers....20 feet? took out an ear....thirty feet? .....hit the tv border....back to 15 ft yep thats it 1, 2 ,3, 4 5.... all in his ugly mug. That should teach him!!!!!! play for the Bruins what a loser.... Yep that is my bone head move collecting cards.....unless you count Lafluer, Robinson or Dryden in my spokes..... Oh yeah I did make that nice hockey display by nailing most of my sherriff hockey coins to a board ....yep it was a beaut..... the big word hockey surrounded by a rink what a masterpiece that was!!!!!!! LOL I guess mom didn't destroy all my cards and collectibles.