View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Frank Kealoha Ward

Default FOR SALE: Extremely Rare/Unique Babe Ruth cards

Hi, I have a few vintage Babe Ruth cards FOR SALE

These 4 cards are either unique, or are known with est under 15 in existence, if that.

Checks or Money Orders only, on these 4 cards
(will consider partial trades of PreWar cards, about 50% of price)
Satisfaction Guaranteed for any reason
Postage/Insurance paid

First email gets card

email me at... frank@centuryoldcards.com

1920 W519-2-2 Babe Ruth #20 SGC-30 $895

ca.1920's Cuban Babe Ruth card $2495
This Unique card is the only known example from an unknown set. Found tucked into an old Spalding Guide that was formally owned by the premier Cuban baseball historian and author, Severo Nieto. Originally sold at auction on Ryan Christoff's cubanbaseballcards.com site in Nov. 2005. The card measures roughly 2.5" by 3.75" and is blank backed and made of a thick card stock. It has obvious wear and a bug hole.

ca.1925 W-Unc. Playing Card Strip Cards Babe Ruth SGC-A $895
Only a few of these Very Rare strip cards are known, the set checklist is incomplete and includes at least 3 baseball players and 11 boxers.

Unique R340? or R309-1 prototype Babe Ruth $7500 B/O
This premium card is Unique. it may be from the unissued R340 Sport Kings wrapper redemption set, or is a R309-1 prototype/proof.
At first it may look like the common R309-1, but it is different in so many ways, the card itself is 1/2" wider and taller (green border), the photo quality is far superior, and the name plaque is green instead of the usual gold. The back easel is of a different design, and there is a hole punched in top for hanging (hole is cleanly cut through the very thick stock, smaller than a hole punch and looks factory made)
More info with scans of the proof and a normal R309-1 to compare... http://centuryoldcards.com/1930/1933R309R340info.html

Sport Kings Wrapper is included

email me at.... frank@centuryoldcards.com

Last edited by fkw; 11-23-2010 at 02:08 PM.