Thread: Clayton Kershaw
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 06:02 PM
Bill Gregory

Forget it, Kevin, his mind is made up, and logic doesn't seem to apply when his mind's made up. He's like a little kid sticking his fingers in his ears, screaming "lalalalalala" 70.9 and 72.0 are the same thing. Never mind that one player played 20% longer. They clearly provided the same value to their teams.

2,000 pounds of dirt is 2,000 pounds of dirt....really? LOL

3.75 more years played is 3.75 more years played, and stating that "Kaat was a reliever the last four years" is irrelevant. When he was a reliever, he obviously got fewer innings per season. That was factored in by averaging innings pitched per 162 team games played.

Murray was an elite player, and was a first ballot Hall of Famer. Kaat was on the ballot for fifteen years, and never even broke 30% of the vote. 75% is required to get into Cooperstown, and Kaat couldn't even get 40% of what was required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Nick- I have tried to follow you but some of your threads don't make sense to me. You are the guy that thinks 3000 hits is drastically overrated....Jim Kaat? Really? career ERA of 3.50? And please, get off this WAR contribution bullshit. Let's talk baseball....Would you actually take Kaat over Bob Feller in a must win game? I don't think so....The verbiage on this thread is remarkable and way too extensive. I would venture to say that the book War and Peace was more simplified. Holy Crap

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.