View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 06:14 PM
Rob
Rob.ert We.ekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Gronk will play for the Bills in 2022 - write that down.

As a huge Bill fan I have hated Brady for so many reasons but I put him as the football GOAT and probably the GOAT of all major sports. Just wondering why he was so good. Wasn’t arm strength, wasn’t mobility, certainly wasn’t top notch receivers for some of his years. My view is he comes down to a brilliant reader of defenses, an uncanny ability to not get nervous in the pocket (eyes in the back of his head to avoid pressure and just enough mobility to slide around it), odd QB sneak smarts, plenty enough arm strength, and darn good accuracy. All combined those things allowed him to put up video game numbers. Eventually he was so good that his and the Pats’ mystique got into the heads of other teams almost as much as his ridiculous ability. Oh, also important is film study and a commitment to doing whatever it takes, including maintaining his body, stemming from pure love of the game and desire to be the best. Thoughts?
I agree with all of that, but on the flip side there may have been too much film study, if you know what I mean . . . ahem, the spygate scandal. And although Brady was in a key position to benefit from the Cheatriot's knowledge of their opponents signals during games, I put the blame for that scandal squarely on Bill Bellicheat. Still, I believe that scandal enabled Brady to be more successful early on than he should have been in helping him earn as many as three tainted Super Bowl championships.

I know; I know; it's poor form to say stuff like that when you're supposed to be paying tribute to a retiring great of the game like Brady, but I think it still needs to be considered as a major blemish on his NFL resume.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...deo-punishment

Last edited by robw1959; 02-01-2022 at 06:26 PM.