View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 03:14 PM
lu.c@s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
Everyone on these forums has their opinion on graded cards, why they are in the hobby, yada yada yada. Everyone also knows how I stand. No graded cards. Not why I am in the hobby. I cracked out all my graded cards. No regrets. I can handle and enjoy my cards as I did as a kid. Guarantee my wife and daughter are sitting on a goldmine when I croak, and they know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer brewster View Post
Exactly, same here. I started collecting long before the graded card thing.I have maybe 50 graded cards in my collection. Am in the process of freeing them.

My collection also includes thousands of Game Programs, Books,yearbooks,Audio recordings. My wife never complains. IF she said "either the stuff goes or I go", I would miss her terribly.

None of my 4 kids have any interest in my collection. They don't want me to dispose my collection at some point. Just do what makes me happy and don't worry about the future. I plan on leaving instructions on how to disburse everything after I go to the Horizontal Hilton, swim with the fishes etc.
These posts have me thinking dark thoughts. My collection is small and almost entirely graded. I just picked up this Campanella with the intention of sending it to SGC, but it's so perfect and fun to hold in its natural state that I can't help but long to see my other cards this way. I just don't think I can bring myself to crack out things like my (very low grade) Goudey Ruth or Cracker Jack Wagner.

Still . . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Campanella.jpg (72.8 KB, 80 views)