View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 02:51 PM

Will do, Chris. Thank you, my friend.

While I did not collect this beautiful set, I immediately zeroed in on the reprint of the 1963 Topps Dice Game Mick. It's a honey and a half. I love it so much. Remember the 5 new to the hobby Dice Game cards that were submitted to Mile High or Memory Lane Auctions a few years ago? Recall the Dick Groat had his hat reconstructed to be a St. Louis Cardinal, with his team designation as St. Louis Cardinals. In November, 1962, Dick was sent to the Cards. Also, the Norm Sieburn card shows him with an A's uniform not used until 1962. It was Topps expert Keith Olbermann that brought this revelation to the hobby at the time.

So, the Dice Game year is 1963. Nothing earth-shattering, but how long it will take the hobby, and Topps, to call the year correctly remains to be seen. PROBLABLY GLACIER-SPEED!) Same with my proving in NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN the Home Run Derby set was issued in 1960, not 1959, due to Rocky Colavito's card showing a team designation as Detroit Tigers, to whom the Rock was traded in mid-April, 1960.

Enough of my palabre. Take care, friend. All the best to your wife and family. ---Brian Powell