View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 01:57 PM
Wayne V

Default 1962 Jell-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethius88 View Post
There are a lot of collectors of this set that keep it quiet and rightfully so. The competition for some of the highly sought after cards can get fierce and to let the others know what you need can be a double edged sword.

When I first got involved, it was like going up against the Illuminati, lol. Felt like a secret society and I was just an outsider. I think with all the information that has been shared, most specifically on Net54, it has become a lot more open. As I said before, I have dealt with some really great guys in regards to this set and several of them are on here. There is also a lot of information about this set that is still unknown and may never be unlocked. Ken has done such a great job and Dan previously dug up a lot of info prior to my coming onboard.
I'm 52 and am really regarded as one of the "kids" collecting this set. From what I gather, the majority of the other guys exceed me in age. I still have to pay my dues.
Hi Tim, we both know how tough this set is, but we and other collectors of the set have tried to help each other out, when possible. Thanks to Tim, Ken Marks, Rick Johnson, Stew Jones, and some others.
I did my Post cereal sets around 2002. I used to love to buy large lots. The price per card was usually cheaper that way.
By the time my Post cereal sets were complete, I had picked up about 75% of the 1962 Post Canadians and the 1963 Jell-os. I had only picked up about 60 of the 1962 Jell-Os.
I didn't know if I wanted to do any of those 3 sets, I knew they would be tough and expensive. I left them alone and moved on to other things.
In 2019, I decided to return to those sets. I guessed the 1962 Jell-O set would be a 10 year project, at a minimum. So I'm now in my 6th year. I have made a lot of progress, but I still need some toughies. Will I make it ?